Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Thoughts as a result of Ethics course

 Socrates suggests that “no one errs willingly,” meaning that bad behavior results from a lack of knowledge, not moral weakness - if a person really knows what the right thing is, there is nothing to prevent them from doing it. But we can think of so many examples of people knowing the right thing to do and still doing the wrong thing. (Obviously I am thinking of my ex as case in point.)

I was coincidently watching the American Crime: Impeachment miniseries wherein I was reminded how reckless and self-defeating Clinton's behavior was. In one scene, he tells HIllary, everything good in my life came from our being together (not a quote but that's the basic idea). But even though that is objectively true and even though he genuinely believes it, he still did absolutely everything he could to destroy that relationship and treat her like shit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home