Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2023

More irritating guests

Another strange AirBnB guest and this one left me a negative review (4 stars and a shitty comment). 

This guy contacted me late Saturday afternoon and, when I accepted his request, said he would be here in 30 miutes (that's very last minute). He stayed in the room all night and most of the next day. He left early Monday morning. His review said the bed is small and the linens need "updating." 

Holy shit! Guest expectations should be in line with the price! A basic hotel in the area is almost $100 a night. My place is less than half that and those sheets are 100% organic cotton flannel which I bought just a couple of months ago - they are nicer than literally any hotel sheets I have ever slept on.* 

I have been thinking about raising my price (and my cleaning fee) because, honestly, it is too cheap compared to the alternatives (more than one guest has told me I could charge more). 

I checked the other local AirBnB listings after this and there are many more than there was even a few months ago, including several like mine, a room in a house (most with a queen size bed specified), and  all charging more than mine (plus a fat cleaning fee). So these folks are picking the cheapest option of several and then bitching about it.

The hockey asshole (discussed in yesterday's post) gave me a 5 star review and then, in the comment, said it was "cramped." What the actual fuck? The bed and bedroom, and the bathroom, are all clearly shown in the photos in my listing and I clearly state the place is small - "small" is the very first word in my listing. If you want something spacious, get a bigger place and PAY THE MONEY. Don't take the cheap place and then make unreasonable complaints about it.**

I feel like they are so cavalier, making their very public criticisms without caring about the impact it could have on my bookings and my income. I have never made petty comments in my public reviews - if there was something I thought needed to be addressed, I would send that comment directly to the host, AirBnB lets you do that. I have gotten several constructive comments privately from guests and I appreciated them! I wouldn't damage someone's reputation so carelessly. 

I just got designated a SuperHost on AirBnB, thank goodenss, because this 4 star review might have effected that. I hope people look at the many reviews that say my place is cozy and comfortable and don't listen to these disgruntled asshats.

*I messaged the guy and we had a whole exchange. He said he didn't like the sheets, which is fine, but of course that is not at all the same as suggesting, as he did, that they're OLD. He acted like he's doing me a favor, giving me this helpful feedback. Meanwhile, he literally invented something to complain about for a place he paid almost nothing to stay in. If he wants the latest in linens, PAY THE MONEY for a nicer place. jesus wept.

**I feel particularly annoyed by this casually negative remark since I listened to this blowhard for over an hour and that should buy me at least some consideration when it's time to give me a rating.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home