Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Crash and burn

So it finally happened - my ex crashed and burned, probably due to drinking, and maybe drugs. I just found out today that he was fired from his job of 15 years, about a week ago. 

My 1st thought was "oh my God, I won't get the child support and I won't be able to pay the mortgage on the New York house!" But if he gets another job, even if he collects unemployment, I'll still get some money.  

My second thought was how very far down a hole he must have fallen to get kicked out of the restaurant he started. That restaurant was a golden goose, how badly must he have let it go? And how bad must it have gotten - Jerry wouldn't kick him to the curb without giving him a million chances. He used to be called The Mayor of Watertown, because he knew everybody and was so highly regarded. His whole self worth had always come from being a good, dependable worker. He was so proud of never missing work when he was a coke addict in the 80s. His 60th birthday is in a couple weeks...he lost his family, then his career...pretty stunning. And it seems like no one knows about it - no one I've contacted or talked to, including his sister.

Even though I'm freaking out, I can't help feeling a little satisfied, knowing that I've handled my post-divorce life a LOT better than he has. And the best part of his life was during the time I was in it...

 Just a couple days after I found out about this, I saw this Mary Englebright drawing and it's perfect:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home