Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Bye bye silver singles

Had an extremely disappointing lunch date today (more on that below). My subscription to Silver Singles is expiring and I'm going to let it. I've had a couple of dates, but mostly it's been men ignoring my messages and rednecks messaging me. (Why am I so popular with the truck drivers? Though, come to think of it, they probably contact lots of women, and most of those men are probably married.) Anyway, it's not worth the money. I think I'll concentrate on meeting some people in person, now that the weather is improving. There should be lots of events and activities in the next few months. I'm going to try to find some kind of hiking club to join.

This guy seemed quite promising initially - he's smart and educated. He reads (whee!) Like me, he was married about 25 years, has a couple of grown kids. But he talked and talked and talked. We spent 3 hours at the restaurant and I doubt I talked 20% of the time. He would stop to ask me a question, I would say a couple of sentences, and then he would take over whatever topic he had raised (e.g., he asked me if I liked Grand Forks) and talk for, I'm not kidding, 20 minutes or more without stopping. Eventually, he would ask me another question and the cycle would continue. He literally talked for 45 minutes straight when I asked him about his older son (his step-son). I know WAY too much about his in-laws and the trouble he's had with him. He literally doesn't know anything about me after 3 hours. He doesn't even know what I do for a living, how many kids I have, anything. It was exhausting. I don't understand this approach to dating. I honestly don't mind a talker, but omg, there's a limit. When he started talking about Grand Forks, it included a long story about the niece of the woman he used to date: she lives here, and she's bisexual, and they went with her to a drag show, and and and. wtaf? Why do I want to hear about this? Why would anyone on a first date tell this kind of story? It's just beyond me. When we left the restaurant, he said, "Do you want to do something else or should we call it?" I mean, seriously? Like Joe, the last guy I had a meal with in Fargo, and especially Russell, the former pastor here in GF, I don't think this guy had one iota of interest in me as a person. He certainly didn't act like it - I'm just a sounding board for their talking. Just like Russell, as we were leaving, he said, "Nice talking to you" and I thought, in both situations: they mean "nice talking AT you." I can't imagine having sex with this guy, not that he could shut up long enough to do it. Back to the drawing board.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home