Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Spring fever

I'm feeling so restless and regularly blue right now, which I blame on the change of seasons. I can't find a house to buy and I can't find a guy to date...I can't even find a cat to adopt (I'm been focusing on Craigslist rehoming postings and several have fallen through). I've had a couple of promising friendships kind of sputter out for no reason that is apparent to me (both these women have said kind of mean or dismissive things to me that lead me to think we aren't really friends; I'm learning just how superficial "Midwest nice" really is). And the weather became sort of springy in March and then April has been mostly cold and even snowy, and it's downright depressing. 

I feel like spring (and summer!) are right around the corner and what am I doing? I don't want to take all my road trips alone. I want to listen to music and go to festivals, but not alone. I even talked to someone about how hard it's been to meet people my age (which felt very vulnerable to me) and they acted understanding but sort of brushed me off too. I feel a little unmoored and frustrated and discouraged. I'm not sure what to do to feel better. Though I had two very nice conversations with old friends this weekend and that definitely helped a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home