Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 14, 2024

Is Mercury in retrograde?

 There is just too much going on and it is affecting my effectiveness.

Story #1

The keypad on the back door stopped working. wtf? The door is unlocked all the time. I think it must be the battery, even though I put a new one in just a few months ago. I stop at Target - they have a huge battery center but no 9V batteries of course. Next day, I stop at Runnings, who just bought Home of Economy (right by my house). HoE always had pretty good prices, so I was hoping these would be good. They have regular 9V, but also the lithium for $26. I said to myself, fuck it, I might as well get the good one, since the last battery didn't even last a year and Imma boutta go away, don't want to screw my renter. Oh boy. I should have known. When I put in the new battery, I see that the little lever on the lock is tripped. I just wasted $26. Doh!

Story #2

My watch band broke. I can still wear it, but I need a new band. I ordered a new one from Temu because I try not to use Amazon (because Jeff Bezos in a bozo). Plus the band isn't expensive so I'd have to order extra stuff since I don't have Prime, and I'm trying not to order stuff I don't need right before I move. So the watch band is supposed to be delivered in a couple weeks. But then I get a notice that the delivery date has changed to Dec 13. wtf? I won't even be living at the delivery address at that point. Now I'm looking at bands on Amazon and trying to figure out what else to order to get to $35. Couple days go by and I lost my watch. Band must have broken again. I look for it in a few places, but I can't find it. I order a new watchfrom eBay. It's supposed to be delivered in a few days. Then, I found my watch in the way back of my car. ACK! Now I've got a new watch on the way, but still need a new band for the old one. Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home