Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 11, 2024

AirBnB is really working my last nerve

This woman stayed with me for a few days in June. She worked nights at the hospital, though weirdly did not tell me this until after she had been with me for 2 days (I wondered why she never left her room). She was quiet and unobtrusive. We conversed through the app about a couple of things (she needed an iron for her clothes, I needed her to move her car, she wanted late checkout, which of course I gave her) - I was responsive and accommodating to everything she asked. I saw her in-person a few times in passing and we exchanged pleasantries. Imagine my shock at receiving this brutal review:


That she considers it "constructive" to say the kitchen was messy to manipulate her kind of summarizes my whole experience with her. And what the fuck does "You can't have your cake and eat it too" mean in this context? I would say that to her - you can't pay this price for a place and have these expectations (as for the cat smell, she has an aggressively sensitive nose - it's a small house and the catbox is as far from the bedrooms as possible, but that's the best I can do).

I tried to be reasonable in my response and avoid being accusatory. Maybe I should have been a bit more pointed (for example, of course there is a lock on the room, maybe she doesn't know how to use doors). I did send her a DM through the app, to ask why she was so mean after she had told me she would have extended her stay but she had found an apt for the rest of her time in Grand Forks. 

I've gotten a couple bad reviews in the two years I've been doing this, but nothing this comprehensively devastating (a couple of people complained about how small the place, described as small, was...one other guest did complain about the cat smell). I assume most people will take this with a grain of salt, with so very many positive reviews about my place, as well as the rather hysterical tone of this (my daughter says this guest sounds like she was drunk when she wrote it).


3 stars for the location because of "Bland surroundings"? What the actual fuck? There are stores and restaurants nearby. What does she want?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home