Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Girl Trip 2.0

 Survived my second girl trip, though just barely. Many of the same issues as last year, though not as bad (though the trip was considerably shorter). Similar issues included being kind of bossy and treating me like her kid instead of her equal. Often being joyless and sort of dismissing my enthusiasm or refusing to validate it. Also this weird tendency to assert things that aren't true. Both have a terrible sense of direction and can't seem to recognize that. 

Worst on this trip was not listening: this happened many times, where I would say something, 2 beats would go by, and then she would say the same thing, making it clear she hadn't heard me or hadn't registered it or something. That gets old very fast. 

The big improvement for this trip was that we enjoyed talking.We had several very satisfying conversations and that made this trip much better than last year's trip. I suppose it is not completely unprecedented to enjoy talking with someone, but not really enjoying being with them...

I have to admit, this second experience has me again thinking about the joys of traveling alone. It feels odd while you're doing it, but it's so much easier: there's less coordinating, and less compromising - I get to eat the things I want and see the things I want. I would (still) prefer to travel with someone, but I can't seem to find a person who has the same rhythm as me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home