Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Money and love

Today my therapist asked me essentially "what do you think you owe your kids?" I want my kids to feel loved. I want them to feel supported. Which I didn't feel when I was growing up and certainly not after I left home at 17. I want them to feel like I still care about them even though I live far away and they're basically adults. 

Unfortunately, I think Cal equates love with money and spending money on him. I'm not thrilled about that, but, if that's how he measures love, then that's what I'm gonna do I guess. My sister said, why don't you ask him? And that's a great idea. I have the sense that his "love language" might be gifts (it certainly isn't quality time), but I could check when we get together in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home