Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Need to reassess

I asked my friend to look at pictures that Larry and Stefanie posted from the Texas Roadhouse conference. Partly, I was curious about the tone of the conference, how raucous it would be now that the team is getting a bit older... I was very interested to see that all the pictures they posted were just the 2 of them, along with some pictures of the hotel property. None of Larry with any of his friends from the conference and no group shots at all with the rest of the NY team. I thought that was very revealing. I experienced the conference as being this big pep rally, and everyone on the NY team acts like they're so close...people use the word "family," which I think is weird and fake (tbh) - I barely know these people adn they didn't know me at all. There is a subgroup of folks who I think socialize a bit and are actually friends, but, mostly, they only see each other twice a year.

Anyway, what I found truly stunning was that my friend happened to catch this incredibly fawning comment that Bobbie left on a picture of the 2 of them with Stefanie's hair in braids. I guess my understanding of her current relationship with Larry is way off what it really is. I had been feeling so bad for her, thinking they were estranged. Apparently, bygones are completely bygones now. Whatever discomfort she had over Stefanie last year has clearly been relieved - they're besties now apparently. I post to FB all the time and Bobbie never comments, let alone like this. Wow. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit hurt, but, more than that, I'm really surprised. I assume Larry has brought Stefanie to visit sometime over the winter, how else would her and Bobbie be this buddy-buddy? I mean, when he and Cal went to the football game in NJ, they didn't visit Bobbie, they stayed in a hotel (though she is relatively close to the stadium). But maybe since then? I can't quite figure out what the timeline is. Or maybe they haven't met and Bobbie is just trying to mend fences (as if she owes them). The whole thing is making my brain hurt. And now I'm nervous for Louisville.





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home