Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Money whiplash

I feel like I'm about to get whiplash from all the good news-bad news experiences I've been having lately, mostly around money.

My discounted SiriusXM membership ended so the monthly cost went from $6 a month to about $22. Rats.

I got a free gym membership at UND because my status was listed as student not staff. So cool, that saves me $30 or $60 dollars, depending on how you calculate it.

Larry unexpectedly dropped me from the cell phone plan, but Danny agreed to let me join his. So that's going to cost me at least $40 a month that I had not expected.

I met with the TIAA rep and he told me that, between my social security and my TIAA payout, I will probably not have to survive on ramen noodles. So that's a relief.

He also told me that I can take out money at age 59 and 1/2 without penalty, which is May of next year. Which means I can take out money for a downpayment on a house in ND. Whoot!

I joked with Alana that the Universe is trying to keep things in balance. I'm trying to stay focused on the good news and not fret about the bad news...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home