Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2021

"Plus One"


For the first time in 30 years I got an invitation addressed like this and it was triggering, tbh. 

Seeing the card addressed that way was a bit of a shock to my heart, like, damn, okay, this shit is real. 

I mean, I spent most of my adult life in a partnership and now that's over. Clearly for the other member of that partnership, it was easy come, easy go, but that is not at all how I feel. He walked away without a backward glance, but the relationship reverberates with me. 

Even if I didn't find my marrige satisfying, it was still something that was important to me. I'm always joking about how I stick with people - "you can't get rid of me," I say. And I guess that's true even with this relationship, which has been such a source of disappointment and frustration.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home