Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Hitting the reset button for real


So I took a job in North Dakota. A great job, at a great school. 

No, I didn't want to move somewhere colder, somewhere smaller, somewhere with even fewer Jews. 

But I'll make it work. 

The cost of living is low, so I can rent or house share while paying the mortgage on my house in Syracuse. There's a YMCA, there's sushi, there's a club for Democrats, there's always a book club.

And there's hiking and a lake not that far away. It's remote, but it's the size of Flagstaff, and college towns have charms that regular small towns do not. 

I'll make some friends, maybe meet a guy. 

And I'll see. 

I've moved plenty of times. I've started lots of new jobs. Maybe it won't be my last job, maybe it will be my next job and I'll end up in Ariz or Utah or somewhere out west eventually. 

But it feels really wonderful to make a decision that's good for my career and for my goals. It makes it feel like I am really starting a completely new chapter, just for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home