Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 05, 2010

Sibling story on NPR

Back on October 14, I responded to an NPR item posted on Facebook, soliciting stories about relationships with siblings: "NPR wants you to tell us a story about spending time with your siblings. Do they drive you crazy? Or do you love every second of it? How has the dynamic changed over the years? We may contact you for a series that is in the works."
Still smarting from my experience in July, this is what I wrote:

They drive me totally crazy. I live in the east and they both live in the west. They never visit me, and when I visit them, they always have meetings and events that they mysteriously could not reschedule. They give tons of lips service to how important it is to maintain our connection, but I'm the only one who puts my money where my mouth is. They're both certifiable and they both admit it. I love them to death, but I mostly want to kill them!!!

Today I was contacted by NPR about participating in the story.  Super cool, but ACK!  I will have to figure out how to communicate my frustration in a diplomatic way!

ADDENDUM 11/8/10

Today I had a phone interview with Lauren for about 10 minutes.  She asked a few questions about our childhood and adult interactions, and hopefully some of it will get used in the series, which will be broadcast the week of Thanksgiving.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home