Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

Work

Today was such a great day. I spent all afternoon interviewing doctors for an upcoming project. I felt so at ease, even though I talked to some major big wigs, including a superstar orthopedic surgeon and the regional president of Excellus. On the way home, I realized how natural it felt to me. This is what I'm supposed to be doing - interacting with human beings - not sitting in an office entering data into Excel spreadsheets. A monkey could do that. But smoothly and successfully collecting information is a skill I developed over many years. And it's what I expected to be doing - it's what I was hired for. It's so terrific to feel good about what you do, to feel competent, to feel like what you're doing is meaningful. I just wish I spent a lot more of my time doing this stuff and less of the paperwork and crap that any idiot could do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home