Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Smart people rock

Wow, am I sick to death of people bitching about me being smart. Most of the people I work with are smarter than me. This does not make me want to crawl into a corner and suck my thumb. I admire smart people. I like being around smart people, it raises my game. My father went to Yale on a scholarship, I went to a state school and not a very good one. I should feel terribly inadequate. Instead, I have tried to develop my gifts and find meaningful ways to use them. I'm so sorry if I use words with more than 2 syllables and read the occasional non-fiction book. I'm sorry if I watch the news and know what's going on in the world rather than planning my time around the latest mindless reality TV show. If being around me makes you uncomfortable or irritates you, that is certainly not *my* issue. Grow up!!! It's not my obligation to act dumb so that you don't feel threatened. Doing that would be the dumbest thing of all!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home