Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 03, 2006

Is this guy qualified?

I'm going to pull the Democrat lever, as I do every year (or touch the screen or whatever we're doing now), and I'm familiar with all the relevant races in my area. But I was curious about any ballot measures or minor races I may have overlooked, so I picked up a copy of the local paper's "Decisions '06" pull-out section, summarizing all the people and issues. I read through a few of the politicians' answers - I was especially interested in their views on "reforming Albany." I was struck by the poorly-written responses of William Meyer, the Republican candidate for the (open) local Assembly seat (my district). I'm sure these guys don't write their own stuff - they have an aide do it, but someone should have done some editing. Here's part of what was written for Government Reform:

I also believe there needs to be additional reforms to the way business is conducted in the state capitol. By enacting additional reforms like those in the Brennan Report, the legislative process in New York will improve.

It's not that bad, but he doesn't say much and what he says, he doesn't say well. And, believe me, it's noticaby less articulate than virtually every other set of responses. If I were undecided, I might pick the other guy just because Meyers seems unable to communicate well (and that's a fairly important part of the job!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home