Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Torture as a political issue

I was quite intrigued today by some election analysis I heard on NPR. Several panelists were discussing the upcoming Congressional elections, and one analyst was asked how the torture issue resonates with voters. The analyst said that it's unclear how Republicans respond to the issue, but left-leaning Democratic voters (that would be me) are completely outraged by it. That struck me for two reasons - one is that it's totally true of me (I guess that makes me a typical left-leaning Democrat) and the other was how surprising it is that these analysts don't have a read on this issue's impact among Republicans. Is that because Republicans have mixed feelings, or because they don't really care. As one of the "outraged" people, naturally I'm mystified that anyone feels anything different (especially indifferent)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home