Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 03, 2006

more versions of Pride and Prejudice

I came across this movie at the video store: a modern, college-age version of the famous Jane Austen story, called Pride and Prejudice (apparently with the subtitle "A Latter Day Comedy" though that doesn't appear on the video box). I didn't realize until I read a user comment on imdb.com that said it's MORMON. I don't feel especially protective of Jane Austen, but I do think it's a bit arrogant to co-op this story for a religious agenda . . . but I suppose they have as much right to Jane as say, Gurinda Chadha (Bride and Prejudice) or Amy Heckerling (Clueless), though at least those writers had the decency to change the titles of their films. Here's the link to the movie if you're interested:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0366920/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home