Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Da Vinci Code biggest opening weekend of the year

$77 MILLION. Nice for them. I'm glad to see that yet again a critical drubbing doesn't keep the fans away. Personally, I have absolutely no interest in the movie, especially after critics said it was both long and dull. And my friend Kevin, who bought his ticket Wednesday for Friday night, was mightily disappointed (he thought Tom Hanks was miscast and he didn't understand why they changed the ending). Still, I'm glad the movie raked it in. They deserve it for trying. And they kicked Mi3's ass, which is a bonus, since even my husband, who loves action movies, said it was largely lacking a plot. Excuse my schadenfreude, but it's hard not to be pleased that the brainy flick beat out the adreneline movie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home