Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Flight 93

I've seen several previews for this movie, in theaters and on TV, and I've heard a lot of discussion about whether it's appropriate to make this film and show it in theaters barely five years after the event. I don't know that I think it's "too soon," but I do wonder why anyone would want to watch a movie about this. It seems too maudlin to me, sort of like deliberately watching a train wreck -- it's just not entertainment (who finds this entertaining??? and you know how it ends . . .)

ADDENDUM, 5/8/2006

The movie is getting raves, both from critics and those who've gone to see it. It clearly avoids the Movie of the Week cliches and presents a moving and thought-provoking film experience. Not that I'm anxious to have that experience, but I believe the filmmakers have ably acquitted themselves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home