Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 08, 2006

Hayden's time?

I'm a bit creeped out by Bush's suggested replacement for Porter Goss (the most theatrical name of all the current administration officials), General Hayden.

I heard an analyst on NPR talking about how a military general has never been the head of the *civilian* intelligence agency. If I was more of a conspiracy theorist, I'd be completely freaked out by this development! Instead, I think it just shows, yet again, that Bush thinks he can do anything he wants and the regular rules don't apply to him.

The NPR analyst also said that it seems a poor choice for another, more important, reason -- that the real intelligence need right now is human intelligence and that's what the military is least adept at getting. Though, of course, it's looking like he'll easily win confirmation by the Prez' lapdog Senate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home