Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"Yes, I Am Actually Calling Them Racist"

As usual, I couldn't have said it better myself . . . Molly Ivins:
Last week, Bush visited Yuma, Ariz., to tour a portion of the U.S.-Mexico
border by Border Patrol buggy. Maybe he was doing a little measuring for the
$3.2-million-a-mile fence the Senate recently approved, which I guarantee will
be really helpful. . . as Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano observes, “Show me
a 50-foot wall, and I’ll show you a 51-foot ladder.”

Meanwhile, Republicans in the Senate have constructively declared English
the national language. That’ll fix everything. Yes sir, you want a solution,
call a Republican.

By all means, reform immigration with this deep obeisance to the Republican
right-wing nut faction and their open contempt for “foreigners.” But do not
pretend for one minute that it is not a craven political bow to racism, yes,
racism—I am actually calling them racists, although they pretend it hurts their
feelings. Try reading their websites and see for yourself.

© 2006 TruthDig.com, LLC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home