Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Toxic work place

I'm probably being hypersensistive because I got 3 hours of sleep for no damn reason, but in both the meetings I was in today, a colleague was super dismissive of the symposium I presented at yesterday. 

I don't know if he is deliberately trying to invalidate me, or it's just a handy bonus for showing how superior he is, but I have to say, I may be a know-it-all and a smug bitch, but I would NEVER proactively diminish a colleague's efforts like that, in front of everyone they work with. 

I think what I did was terrific and I'm planning to submit it as a written article. It's not like I need this guy's approval, but it makes me much more determined to change jobs, because I don't want to work in an environment where this is standard and acceptable practice (no one pushed back AT ALL in either meeting).

I was also struck by how smart the presentations by my Canadian colleagues were (one on philosophy, one on Marx, a third that broke down the types of AI-generator searches into useful categories). I want to work with people like that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home