Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Busy weekend

I finally had lunch with this guy Chris, who I've been messaging with for a long time (because he's super flaky in general, plus somewhere in there he tried to get back together with his ex-girlfriend) and it went exactly as I expected it to. We literally have nothing in common, not the way we look at the world, not the way we like to spend our free time. He's sort of fixated on the idea that I'm this nice, sensible lady who's gonna keep him on the straight and narrow, which is not very appealing to me. I don't want to babysit some grown ass man who's never gotten past the mental age of 16.

At one point he said "work hard play hard, what else is there?" And I said, "making the world a better place." And he said, "oh I do that by just being friendly to people." Like, completely unclear on the concept.

He also talked about how he made all this money over the last X number of years and blew at all, including spending $12,000 on his girlfriend last Christmas when he knew she was seeing somebody else...he's actually told me that story twice. So he says he needs someone to put him on an allowance...um, I don't want to be somebody's superego because they can't be bothered to control themselves (I played that role in my marriage and it's such a trap because then you're the bitch who doesn't know how to have fun...)

And this gem: when we first met up, he said he was thinking about librarian things and he figured I knew a lot of words. Seriously, he said that. Like, what the fuck? And what am I supposed to say in reply to that?

He's nice looking - I could do worse in that department. But it's kind of a bummer to realize that my options are depressives, narcissists, or manbabies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home