Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Basketcase

Had a coffee date with a nice, educated man yesterday. Going pretty well and then...

Turn off #1: He starts being real: he's devastated by the breakup of his marriage, he's depressed, and there are days when life doesn't seem worth living. 

But wait, there's more. 

Turn off #2: He tells me that he's had a few other dates, but realized he wants an older woman because he doesn't want any more kids (he has a 2 year old). This is a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one and confirms to me (yet again) that men my age are not generally looking for women my age.

Turn off #3: Then he tells me he reached out to me specifically because I'm Jewish - because his ex was Jewish.

Turn off #4: He asks me how it's going on the dating app, which I always think is a bizarre question from someone you're currently on a date with (if I'm out with you, it must be going badly lol). But seriously, how are you supposed to answer that? When I said, "well, it's North Dakota," he proceeds to mansplain successful dating to me: I'm at the university, there must be people there...um, okay

We mades a vague plan to get together again but I don't see this going anywhere.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home