Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Court No Show

That asshole didn't even show up for the telephone court date. We had the hearing without him, which was sort of silly. 

The magistrate is going to issue a formal judgment and that's it (now there'll be 9% interest charged, big whoop*). She said she can't recommend jail. She said if (obviously when) he doesn't pay, after a couple of months, I can file a new violation and that will be handled more severely apparently (I'm on the fence about it because I want him to be hassled, but the reality of this round is that I seem to be the only one who is aggravated). 

No penalty for not showing up today either (it seems a citation for failure to appear would be a minimum and a contempt of court charge would be even better). Someone probably told him that Family Court is completely toothless, so why bother. Or maybe he just decided to take his chances with ignoring the whole thing. It's all to his advantage, whether he realized it ahead of time or not.

This whole process has been so pointless. Where is the justice? As I said before, I'm okay, but there must be tons of women who really suffer from this lack of real enforcement.

* Does the court get that money or do I get that money?

Addendum: my sister scolded me hard for considering dropping this - she said she regrets giving up her fight with her ex (I don't think she ever got a dime from him - he moved away and got remarried).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home