Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2022

Oops

I was supposed to go to (my very first UND) hockey game tonight with a guy I met on the new seniors dating app that I joined, but the weather did not cooperate. So we were talking on the phone instead, and everything was going great until he started bitching about critical race theory, and I was thinking "oh boy." What I said was, "I don't think it's authoritarianism to read Tony Morrison." If I ever hear from this guy again, I will be truly shocked. 

It wasn't gonna work out anyway if he was some Fox News watching Angry White Man. Also he seemed like he was very freshly divorced - he just moved into his own apartment in December. Also, he said something about his 3 grown daughters are on their mother's side. Not sure I want to be somebody's rebound. Though, I don't know, maybe that angry sex would be worth it.

But seriously, he's just another guy who talks endlessly about himself. In a 45 minute conversation, I don't think he learned anything about me other than that I moved here from Syracuse, and that's because I said it - it's not like he asked. Oh well.

UPDATE: Quite surprisingly, I did hear from him again, and we went to the hocky game. He was pretty good company and quite cute (though certifiable, tbh, and not even actually divorced, just separated). I thought he liked me, but I haven't heard from him since, so chalk that one up to experience.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home