Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

ND medical care

I've now seen 3 doctors in Grand Forks and I hated the first two (endocrinologist and GP). But then I saw Dr Lessard and she restored my faith in ND medical care. I LOVE her! She was pleasant and kind, most importantly, she actually listened to me. The endo blew off my cholesterol score of 209, but she discussed it with me, and she filled my Ambien prescription after expressing appropriate reservations. I'm really so glad I met her because she is a terrific doctor and a genuinely nice person. We bonded over our concerns about anti-science. She also went to college in Arizona, so brownie points for that.

Another weird, interesting medical thing: I called for an eye exam and I'll have to wait 2 MONTHS* for an appt, but I had my choice of appt slots for my mammogram just a few days out. In Syracuse, it was the exact opposite.

*I called a different eye glasses service and I was able to get an appt within a week - I suppose the other service is more popular and that's why it has such a long wait, but I'm willing to take a chance at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home