Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 12, 2022

More concerning medical care outcomes

 The GP I saw at the UND general practice blew off several concerns that I raised, including the fact that I was diagnosed with and treated for osteopenia a few years ago. I just wanted a follow-up scan to put my mind at ease (it's not a complex or involved test). Since the GP ignore my concern, I raised it with the new gyn doctor (in Syracuse, the scan and the medication were both instigated by my gyn doctor). She happily referred me for the scan, which I was able to schedule about a week later. I got the results almost immediately, which were that I now have full-blown osteoporosis. Yippee. Good thing an actual doctor listened to me and referred me for the scan. The bad news is that she says she can't prescribe the medication, as it is out of her practice area (or something like that). Weird, since my gyn in NY did it. Whatever. I'm definitely not going back to Dr Ashley, who is a hack. Back to the drawing board for an actual doctor who will provide actual care. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home