Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 27, 2011

More surgery observations

I've now spent several days observing surgeries on the adult unit at work.  It's like a tour of hell.  Here's some of the worst stuff that I saw: skin debridement (removal of burned skin in preparation for a skin graft), hip replacement, and breast reduction.  Gag.  I certainly picked the right field - I could never do medical work - I almost threw up several times.  But I'm glad that I'm witnessing the real activity of the hospital - most of the research I've done since I got here has been analysis of existing data or surveys.  So I've been quite removed from the medical procedures.  I'm glad to be better informed, but the more I see, the more I hope I never have to have any of this done to me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home