Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Videos with the kids

Bridge to Terabithia - yikes.  I was expecting a fantasy/adventure, along the lines of The Neverending Story, and had no idea that the female lead dies 2/3 of the way through.  Not at all prepared for that. I enjoyed the movie, and I think the kids did too, but I wouldn't have even suggested it, if I knew the full plot.

Kiki's Delivery Service - we enjoyed Ponyo, so I thought we should check out more by the same filmmaker.  This is a cute story, and we all liked it (even Larry, who was home and watched with us).  But I thought it was odd that such a young girl would go off on her own, and Alana asked at the end,  "When does she go back to her family?"  I think the story would make more sense, at least to an American audience, if she were in her late teens instead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home