Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The change of life

I believe I'm going through menopause. Wow, it feels weird to write those words. It makes me feel ancient. On the other hand, I'll be 48 years old in a couple of months, so I'm not even especially young to be starting this process.

I started getting hot flashes this summer, but it was hot in general, and I don't think I made the connection until I completely missed my period. It's now been over two months since I had it. And the hot flashes happen several times a day. I see my doctor in a couple of weeks, and we'll talk more about it then.

I feel kind of bummed, because I know that there will be more discomforts before it's over. But I'm done having kids, so I don't feel sad about that part at all. And I certainly won't miss the muss and fuss of menstruating.

UPDATE 9 /23/10

I saw the doctor today and it turns out that there's a test to see if you're in menopause (who knew!)  So I'll get that next month, as well as a sonogram of my uterus, and then I'll know for sure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home