Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 12, 2010

Second thoughts

I'm very sorry to say that I'm finding the Fresh Air child more stressful and less fun than I had expected. She's very assertive, and she competes with my kids, so I'm constantly mediating for who gets the pink plate and who gets to sit next to me, etc, etc. Ugh. It's really gotten me thinking that kids are annoying, but you cut your own kids a lot of slack because you love them so much. After having a scout for a week last summer, and having Danny around so much, and even the process of integrating Matt into our family back in 2007, I thought we would accomodate a non-family member rather easily, but maybe I gave us too much credit. She's very nice, it's more her impact on the overall dynamic that's difficult. At this point, I can't imagine doing this again next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home