Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oscar Bait

I finally checked out some movies that are opening in December and January (I haven't managed to see a single list in any magazines or newspapers, so I went to imdb.com). This is my Must See List:

Brothers with Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal & Tobey Maguire
Up in the Air with George Clooney
A Single Man with Colin Firth
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee with Robin Wright Penn
The Young Victoria with Emily Blunt
It's Complicated with Meryl Streep

There's lots of others that I would be willing to see, but these are the ones that seem most promising.

As a side note, I was a bit appalled by the stream of dreck that is coming, even during "Oscar season" - just an endless parade of the same stories and the same tired movie conventions. It's quite discouraging. How many vampire movies do we need? How many haunted houses, how many serial killers, how many revenge dramas? How many times does Matt Damon need to play a spy? Gag.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home