Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Voting

Waited to vote until after I picked up the kids and I made sure they saw what I was doing as I marked my ballot and put it through the machine. Alana seemed more interested in the snacks on the poll workers' table!

I had heard that NY was finally getting new voting machines, but I was quite surprised when I was given a piece of paper and a pen to mark my ballot. Then I was completely shocked that I was expected to feed my paper into the scanning machine right in front of the poll workers - that is NOT a secret ballot! I WILL be calling the county election office to complain about this lack of privacy.

ADDENDUM

I wrote a comment about this privacy issue on a Facebook page about voting in CNY and was contacted by a Post Standard writer (Glenn Coin), so I might get quoted in his piece!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home