Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Day After

Best news - Owens won the 23rd District in NY. Yahoo! I was worried about the race - I saw Hoffman's ads on TV every day and you can never underestimate the appeal of neanderathals. But it was not to be. I'm really thrilled about that - quite a defeat for the right wingers. Which is good, since the news elsewhere was BAD. NJ has a strongly conservative new governor. And what happened in Virginia is really scary.

I'm a bit surprised by Maine - I know the referendum on gay marriage was going to be close, but I thought sanity would prevail. Not good, but not permanent either - demographics is destiny and it is only a matter of time for that issue. At least Kalamazoo went the right way and we're still waiting to hear about Washington state.

Sadly my friend Donna O'Connor did not win a seat in the county legislature, but it was going to be a tough race. Of course everyone I voted for (in the 'burbs) lost (mostly county races), but that's to be expected - it's a solidly Republican area, sadly.

The other good news is the Stephanie Miner is the new mayor of Syracuse. Of course, she was likely to win, but it's a relief that it's official. Glad I could help her campaign, even if I couldn't vote for her!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home