Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Party time

I just got back from a celebratory party thrown by someone I met doing MoveOn.org telephoning in October and November. I decided to go to the party, partly to celebrate and partly to make our victory seem more real - it had all been feeling a bit unreal in the days after the election. It was really nice to see a group of Democrats so happy, and I didn't get any sense that they were out for blood - for example, no one mentioned impeachment. These lefties, like many Americans, would like to see America get out of the war in Iraq as soon as possible, and then have our government turn its attention to fixing our many domestic problems. It was also a breath of fresh air for me to talk with so many simpatico people, after spending these last few suburban months with people who are mostly politically apathetic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home