Crash & burn
Ugh, perfectly awful date (only my second one this year) tonight. Guy talked the whole time; asked me maybe 3 questions in 3 (grueling) hours we spent together. I finally started just saying stuff, and he paid no attention to anything I said, never asked a follow-up or showed any interest in what I had to say.
Then he leaned in to kiss me when we got to my car, but I dodged him, said thank you, and walked away; he stood there a moment and then audibly said "interesting." Like I owed him a kiss? Ew. Yet another red flag in an evening full of them (here's a couple):
He belongs to the Single Professionals group out in OP, told me he dated several women in that group (he's been divorced about 5 years), and recently joined 3 online dating sites (apparently ours is the first date he's had).
Among the many many many observations he offered over the course of the evening was that he doesn't like city dwellers, which is a completely bonkers thing to say to your date WHO LIVES IN THE CITY.
I actually messaged him when I got home and said thanks for the evening, but I love living in the city, so clearly we're not a match.
Only positive of the whole evening was he paid for a mediocre dinner and there's enough leftovers for a mediocre lunch.
One other weird red flag: when we were arranging the date, he asked me for a suggestion, I gave Ragazza, which he didn't want to go to, so then I suggested JJ's, but he didn't like the menu once we got there. He wanted to go to Cooper's Hawk, but insisted it was on the far side of the Plaza (it's not); we started walking and I suggested 2 places a block away (O'Dowd's, which I have been to, and Gram & Dun, which I have not; both very nice), but he didn't want them either (so this is a total of FOUR suggestions by his date that he objected to); we ended up walking to Cooper's Hawk (4 blocks away) in the unpleasant heat, because that's where he really wanted to go all along. I would NEVER consider dating a person like this (besides his utterly disrespectful conversational style and the fact that he is crushingly boring) - persistently disregarding the preferences of his date is a total deal breaker.
Labels: dating








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home