Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 24, 2023

TRIGGERED

 Triggered constantly by AirBnB guest who makes me think of Larry. He has 4 kids in Colorado with his ex; as far as I can tell, he doesn't talk with them. He comes across as a complete bullshitter, I doubt even half of what he says is true. He repeatedly offers to help me with the deck, but he spends the weekend away (Sat) and sleeping (Sun), then leaves for the bar before 4 pm.

He repeatedly tells me how much money he is making ($44/hr plus time and a half for all the extra hours), including an enormous per diem ($1400 a week) - why is he staying in my tiny, cheap place?

He goes out to bars every night, several nights coming back noticably drunk, especially Sat night, meaning he drives drunk, sometimes very drunk, every night (he even mentions this the last night he stayed). He repeatedly tells me I should go out to the bars, they are fun, that he drinks for free because he makes friends with the bartenders. Each time, I say that is not my scene, that I have other things to do.

The last night, he says GF has good night life. Then, a couple minutes later, he says he only plans to stay 6 months because how long can you go to the same bars?

Everything about him bugs me: the addiction and drunk driving bothers me, the lying and bullshitting and insincerity bothers me, the clear indication that he's a shitty father bothers me, the juvenile attitude and lifestyle bothers me, his self-perception that he is charming bothers me. I basically want to punch him in the face every time he opens his mouth...

He's a good guest - quiet, unobtrusive (he's never there, doesn't use the kitchen or even the frig), he offers to strip the bed. He stayed almost 2 weeks, I think the longest guest so far, and no trouble. Free money. My only complaint is that he closes the curtain and leaves the fan running when he's not there - the open window would air out the room more effectively and cheaper. But I couldn't wait for this motherfucker to leave so I could stop feeling furious...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home