Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 10, 2022

Dating dead ends

For weeks, I got absolutely no action on the 2 dating websites I pay for and then I got a couple of interesting possibilities which have since evaporated for various reasons. 

One guy seemed very lively and fun, but he stopped responding to me, so I guess, like all the guys I actually find interesting, I'm not interesting enough for him. 

Another guy was interested in getting together, but he suggested a road trip to Minneapolis, which I thought was bizarre for a 1st date (no way I'm getting in a car with someone I don't know and driving out across Minnesota's desolate landscape). A week or so later, after much missed connection, we spoke on the phone. In 14 minutes, he just vomited out a ton of oversharing, like he filed for divorce because his wife was a compulsive shopper, and his minister scolded him for not sticking it out with her. Um, what? Can't we start with our hobbies or maybe what kind of restaurants we like? I don't understand how he can think this is a good approach for an initial conversation. And literally the only thing he asked me about myself is where I moved from and why, which is pretty much the extent of these guy's interest in me as a person from my experience so far in ND.

It doesn't seem like either of these will end up being anything. Just more dead ends. Just more guys who are only window shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home