Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 30, 2022

The universe is looking out for me

The guy sitting next to me on the plane to Fargo said he needed a ride home from the airport, so I offered. I was nervous enough about it to text my friend and tell her, so someone would know what I was doing if I disappeared. But honestly, he seemed so harmless - he was returning from visiting his 93 year old aunt (though maybe that is exactly what a serial killer would say to put you at ease). 

He offered to buy me dinner or put some gas in my tank, but I said it was fine, I wanted to do a mitzvah - a good deed (keep my karma in the black so to speak).

On the way to his house, he said, can you hear that noise in the back of your car? Yes, I can, and I had been noticing it for a couple of weeks. He said he thought it was the wheel bearing. So now I can call the repair shop and say "I think I need a wheel bearing" instead of "My car is making a sound" (and would you please rip me off for as much as possible).

I feel like this car advice was worth WAY more than a 10 minute ride from the airport!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home