Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More on Republican nomination process

The only benefit to Santorum's bizarre and head-scratching rise is not having to hear Gingrich bloviating - none of the news sources that I pay attention to (NPR, CNN, MSNBC, Newsweek, Time) have featured Gingrich at all in the past week.

As for Santorum, I really think that as people hear more of what he actually thinks, he will lose ground fast. He seems so innocuous in his sweater vests, but as many commentators have noted, he's the most conservative person to ever run for the presidency, and they're including Barry Goldwater. In fact, last night on Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes (I think) said that after Goldwater ran, there was a huge surge in liberal legislation - I'm hoping for a similar backlash after this madness, I mean, election. Santorum could be the greatest gift Obama and liberals have ever gotten!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home