Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Traffic ticket

I can't believe I got a speeding ticket on my way to my doctor appointment this morning on 81.  I wasn't even late!  I was just going with the traffic flow, or so it seemed to me, but I did speed up as I moved into the lane for 481, and there was a cop sitting right at the juncture.  I'll bet he catches lots of people there, because the speed limit is still 55, but you've passed the city and I know I just assumed that the limit was back up to 65.

The weird thing is, after he handed me the citation, he started to schmooze me, asking about the SOTU last night, saying he thought it was inspirational (I have an Obama 2012 sticker on my car).  Under normal circumstances, I would have loved to chat (I can't remember any cop who's stopped me in all these years who actually acted friendly), but I was too upset, thinking about the $200+ I just wasted by not paying attention to my speed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I'm sure this can happen to anyone of us...I got my last traffic ticket Toronto when I was going to take my daughter from school but I don't make a drama from it...
I never drove under the influence because this is really something I can't understand.....but parking in illegal places or speeding are mistakes that we all do and some of us have to suffer the consequences, it's the natural course in the life of any driver:)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are many people who intentionally speed up there vehicle and later on get traffic tickets due to violation of traffic rules. I got my traffic ticket due to over speeding and I try my best to save myself from the cop but finally he find me and issued a ticket. There is always some legal services required for such violation and I get it from the reference of my friend.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home