Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Paula Deen's diabetes

I was pretty pissed off when I heard about Paula Deen finally admitting that she has Type 2 diabetes, because of her generally cavalier attitude about it.  I think it's beyond irresponsible for her to encourage people to eat in a way that has given many people, and probably herself, a serious disease which is expensive and unpleasant to treat. She says she waited 3 years to admit to her condition until she could give her fans some "hope" - which apparently takes the form of her shilling for an injectable diabetes control drug. So she makes even more money, but doesn't recant her lifestyle, or in any way suggest that her food choices have impacted on her health (we're not talking about general eating here, we're talking about deep fried cheesecake and hamburgers served on Krispy Kreme donuts as the bun).  Diabetes is not a joke, it's actually fatal, twice so far in my immediate family, and it's treatment is not a walk in the park.  It's making me so angry, I can hardly write this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home