Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Writing conference travel



Arrived in Jacksonville, FL, and this is the view from my hotel room on the 10th floor of the Hyatt - the St John's river - one of the only rivers in the US that flows south to north.

Posted a funny comment on FB about the Reagan airport: "I always hated Reagan and it turns out that his airport is a clusterfuck."  It was really the oddest thing - when I arrived, the departure gate of my connecting flight had changed (from 37 to 23), and to get to the terminal where the new gate is, I had to go through security again.  I got to the new gate and I was told, along with several other people, that the board was wrong, and the original gate was correct.  Turns out, I didn't have to go through security, because there's a shuttle between terminals.  But the shuttle entrance is literally behind one of the departure gates, and almost impossible to see from the hall.  I've never seen such a crazy set up.

Another weird side note - someone told me that Reagan National used to be BWI.  I said, "I don't think so," but they insisted.  Of course it's not (Reagan is in Virgina, BWI is in Maryland); I wonder where they got that idea.  BWI is Baltimore-Washington International, which, by the by. is now officially Thurgood Marshall Airport!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home