Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Latest movies

Saw several entertaining movies over the past week ~

Hanna - definitely had inflated expectations, so I was almost guaranteed to be disappointed - the trailers were so cool and the cast was so stellar; the movie was interesting and visually arresting, and I'm glad that I saw it, but there wasn't as much "there" there as I had hoped; pretty gruesome too - for example, a man is hung upside down and killed with arrows, and a dog is beaten to death (off screen, but you know what happened)

Killers - the opposite of Hanna - my expectations were so low, I ended up being happily surprised; entertaining and fun,  and the leads, Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher, had terrific chemistry; not going to win any Oscars, but an enjoyable 115 minutes.

The Secret of the Kells - Oscar-nominated animated feature based on a real Irish book; kind of weird (the kids got bored and wandered off to play computer games), but it was interesting and very beautiful

It's Kind of a Funny Story - maybe the best movie I saw this year so far; really entertaining and interesting, genuinely funny and heart warming (I loved the very end); too bad this movie wasn't promoted more and seen more widely

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home