Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reading remarks

I had a rather odd conversation over the weekend with an older woman who's a "friend" on goodreads.com.  She said that she's been following me on the site and wondered how I was able to read so much.  I only read about 2 books a month, which I certainly don't consider to be very much.  I wondered if she thinks I've read all the books that I add to my queue, since I typically add a couple of books a week, though of course I haven't read them yet.

She also said that she read a lot more when her kids were little, but now that she's retired, she's too busy.  I was a little horrified by that - I feel like I hardly have any time to read, especially compared to how much I read before I had kids.  And I'm really looking forward to that time in the future when my kids require less maintainence, and I'll have more time to read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home