Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bad day turns into good day

Today started out really bad.  The weather was appalling - freezing rain that made the roads slick and visibility bad.  The new bus schedule started, and the bus was 10 minutes late getting to the pick up spot and arrived 15 minutes late at the hospital.  I got an email from my boss, saying that there was no reason for me to attend the professional development class I went to.  And an hour later yet another email about the kids' Passover travel plans from my sister-in-law, who is being completely uncompromising over the arrangements, for no discernable reason (I finally told Larry to handle this issue, I'd done my share of it). Then I picked up Alana at school for her piano lesson, but she hadn't brought her book, so we had to run home for it.


I was thoroughly disgusted by this time, but things took a significant turn for the better. My replacement driver's license arrived in the mail, as well as my new glasses, ordered online, and they're awesome (see above!) After we dropped Cal at choir practice, Alana and I went to Payless, for their BOGO 1/2 price sale - I wanted some new winter boots, though I had little hope of there being any in my size. But there was! And bonus, a very cheap pair of cowboy boots, which completes my outfit for dinner at Dove Mountain in Tucson next month (see below!)  Alana also picked out a really rockin' pair of boots, already discounted.  All good. And even better, the dog didn't run off during our walk, as she did twice last week.  So what started as a really bad day ended on a high note.
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home