Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globe Awards Show

I didn't watch a lot of movies this weekend, despite the extra day, but I watched the entire Golden Globe awards show tonight, which I don't think I've done too often in the past.

I really enjoyed it.  There were a couple of great speeches - Natalie Portman seemed genuinely excited; Robert Downey Jr was quite funny; Annette Benning was the definition of class; Chris Colfer (from Glee) brought me to tears.  Some of the gowns were gorgeous (Melissa Leo, Clare Danes) and some were not (Julianne Moore, Tilda Swinton), but all were fun to see.  I also thought Ricky Gervais was sharp and funny; a little mean, but not unpleasant.

Probably my favorite thing was hearing Christian Bale speaking in his own voice (he won very early in the show, for Supporting Actor, for The Fighter; as expected of course).  He's from Wales and his accent is delicious!  I don't think I've ever heard his "real" voice - he needs to make a movie pronto where he gets to use his real accent!  Yummy!

+ + + + + + + + + + +
I did watch one video this weekend - Youth in Revolt with Michael Cera.  It had some funny moments, but overall, it wasn't my cup of tea.  Not a waste of time, but not memorable either.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home